Saturday, November 20, 2010

Toadies' Rubberneck

I’m still here, I promise. Thank you Wyatt and Jacob, I really appreciate your comments and they’re pretty much the sole reason I decided to try to keep going with this.

Now, on to the matter at hand….

This album marks the first time I ever really fell in love with an album as a whole put together piece of work.  I probably listened to my Rubberneck CD a good 2000 times through during my time in high school.  I was a very angry young man then and the Toadies worked as sort of an outlet.  If there’s anything you can say about Todd Lewis, it’s that he really is a master of channeling rage. 

Like the rest of the albums on this list it marked a turning point in my musical journey.  I got this album as a freshman in high school as a Christmas present (thanks mom!). I was still listening to radio rock at this point (and would continue to do so for a couple more years), but when I started listening to the Toadies I felt like it was okay that I had so much anger, and here was a way to focus it and not let it take over my life.  This eventually led to all music becoming an outlet for me in some way or another.  I guess that’s a lot to say about a band that’s just okay by most people’s standards.  Say what you will about the Toadies, but this album is damn good and will always be, no matter how mild-mannered I may become.

What do you have to say about these hometown heroes?


Here's a picture of me and some friends from high school, on a boat.




2 comments:

  1. The toadies are amazing and i would agree are a great rage outlet, i wish i would have got in to them at my ragefull age but i was on the used lol...you need to go to the next dia de los toadies they are the best days ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it bad that ive never sat down a listened to the toadies? can i even claim to be a musician if this hasn't occured? i feel like maybe its too late for me now as i am, like you, very mild these days, so i don't feel the need for a whole lot of rage in my life. maybe ill give it a try now...

    ReplyDelete